written some time ago
After changing a lot of the internals, Scholar's content is now fully searchable (as is the other posts on this site). There are a number of operators that are available:
- Search for a phrase by enclosing it in quotation marks, e.g.
- Search for words near each other with the keyword NEAR, e.g.
quantum NEAR operation
- Use Boolean operators with
NOT. Group with brackets as usual.
- Search on a prefix using
- Search within particular fields using
By default all fields are searched unless you restrict to a given field using the field query. The fields that are available are
- type: One of article, post, thread, or exercise
- level: the year-level of the article
- label: the labels attached to blog posts
- subject: the subject and article or exercise belongs to
- keywords: subject keywords for the article
- duration: the duration indicator for an article
- title: the articles title
- author: the articles author
- body: the body of the article of post
- abstract: the abstract of the article of post